Cintoo is a fast-growing start-up developing a SaaS platform named Cintoo Cloud, at the convergence of Reality Capture and Digital Twins. We are searching for flexible go-getters who welcome the challenge of meeting the needs of a fast-growing business.
Cintoo Cloud improves the performance and efficiency with a complete cloud-based, collaborative Scan & BIM platform to manage and distribute Reality Capture data, such as laser scans, with no compromise on accuracy.
To date, over 400 companies and 50,000 users in 40 countries have uploaded over 300 km² on active projects, across hundreds of sites, in many countries, spanning industries such as manufacturing, construction and energy.
We are seeking, for a permanent position (CDI), an experienced and talented Director of Engineering based in Sophia-Antipolis.
You will join a startup working on cutting-edge technologies with a tremendous growth perspective and a dynamic and innovative atmosphere: you will have fun!
About the Role:
You will lead our engineering teams (40 people), drive innovation, and oversee the development of cutting-edge software solutions that align with our company's strategic goals.
• Lead and manage multiple cross-functional engineering teams (team leaders, team managers, product owners…) to deliver high-quality software products within scheduled timelines.
• Coordinate hiring and onboarding efforts for new team members
• Define objectives & conduct annual team interviews.
• Mentor and promote professional growth and skill development, identify training needs and encourage a high-performance culture
• Set up KPIs and metrics to provide the Executive Team with data
• Collaborate closely with product and program management, design, and other stakeholders to align engineering efforts with business objectives
• Establish and implement engineering best practices, strategies, and processes to streamline the software development life cycle, ensuring efficiency and quality.
• Evaluate and implement tools, technologies, and frameworks that enhance productivity, scalability, and performance of software systems.
• Manage software development outsourcing from selection to execution
• Manage relations with third-party development tool suppliers
• Drive innovation and foster a culture of continuous improvement within the engineering organization.
• Develop and manage departmental budgets, resource allocation, and technology roadmap in line with company objectives.
• Oversee risk management, compliance, and security protocols related to engineering practices and products.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, engineering, or a related field.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in software development, with at least 10 years in leadership roles (CTO, Director of Engineering…)
• Proven expertise in software development lifecycle, methodologies, particularly Agile/Scrum, and related tools.
• Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities with a focus on innovation and quality.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience in scaling engineering teams and delivering complex, scalable, and high-performance software solutions.
• A track record of successfully managing budgets, resources, and project timelines to achieve business goals.
• Experience in a software development company, fast-paced startup environment or high-growth tech company.
• Certifications related to Agile methodologies or project management (e.g., Certified ScrumMaster, PMP) are a plus.
Why Join Us:
• We are based in Sophia-Antipolis (South of France, 300 days of sunshine per year, great place to be!). Hybrid work is possible.
• Opportunity to lead and shape a high-performing engineering organization.
• Work with cutting-edge technologies and drive impactful innovations.
• Competitive compensation package, including benefits and opportunities for career growth.